Mission, Vision and Values of the HCMA
The Mission of the HCMA
Providing support, advocacy and education to patients, families, the medical community and the public about hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, while supporting research and fostering development of treatments.
The Values of the HCMATo be the pre-eminent organization improving the lives of those with HCM, preventing untimely deaths and advancing global understanding.
The Objectives of the HCMA
- Develop and maintain a network of support for individuals with HCM and their families.
- Promote education about the symptoms and treatment options for patients, their families, and their medical providers.
- Heighten awareness and protect against sudden cardiac arrest and life threatening arrhythmias and their prevalence within the HCM community.
- Increase the number of, and access to, healthcare professionals providing evidence-based treatment of HCM.
- Promote research of HCM and broaden access to results with the ultimate goal of eradicating the disease.
- Increase awareness and provide education to the medical community about HCM.
- Positioning the Foundation with adequate budget, staff and volunteer leaders to fulfill the mission, vision and goals.